Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Sneak Peek: Pain Perdu

This semester is/has been brutal!  I feel like I'm never home, and if I happen to be, there's always homework to do.....  But I do have something big up my sleeve.  I'm entering a contest!

The premise of the contest centers around using honey.  Not only did I create this recipe, but on Friday morning, I have one hour to execute 4 portions, plate and present them to judges!  Yikes!  

Needless to say, I've been spending as much time as I can practicing.  I'm nervous, but am trying to stay positive.  I know I can make this and make it well!

Here's a sneak peek at my dish from one of my test runs (minus garnish)...... I'll post more after the competition!

Pain Perdu



3 comments:

  1. YEAH Iron Chef Laura! You have my French Support! WOO HOO!!!! *pom poms, high kicks and the whole nine yards*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Laura! I just saw you had a blog, so I decided to follow you! It looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete