Saturday, February 13, 2010

Another interruption: Snow!

I've got a valentine's-themed post in the works, but I thought I'd interrupt the baking posts once more to show the SNOW we just got in SC.  It's been more than 5 years since Columbia (where I shot these images) got snow and over 10 since Charleston has!

So, it's quite a momentous occasion. And was quite beautiful (especially considering it will not last very long.)

A's back yard, around 6pm last night

Gallantly holding an umbrella over my head while I shot pics 
(the snow was so wet, I didn't want to damage my camera)


This morning, shortly after 7am, we went for a walk around the neighborhood. 

another person out viewing the snow

poor trees heavy with snow

shortly after noon.... snow is disappearing....  

I promise, back to baking tomorrow!  If you want to see more snow pictures, I'll be uploading them to flickr in the next day or two....  

1 comment:

  1. beautiful! I especially like the shot you took looking up at the tree branches.

    ReplyDelete